Thursday, June 28, 2012

She's Here!!!

CHARLEY IS HERE!!!  She was born on Friday morning and was perfectly healthy!  I went to bed on Thursday night convinced that she wasn't coming until we forced her out on Monday.  I woke up on Friday morning around 3:30 and noticed that my water was leaking a bit but I wasn't sure.  I laid back down again and had a contraction.  My plan was to lay there for about 15 minutes and stand up again to see what happened.  Nine minutes after the first contraction, I had another.  I waited a bit and decided to start timing them.  The next one came at 8 minutes and then 7 minutes so I decided to wake Bryan.  I didn't want to worry him if it was a false alarm.  I woke him and jumped in the shower because I wanted to have clean hair and make-up.  The contractions started coming so quickly that I went with wet hair and no make-up.  We drove so fast to the hospital because by the time we left the house, 45 minutes after the contractions started, they were 3 minutes apart. I got to the hospital and checked in and had the epidural placed within about an hour.  I was 4-5 cm dilated by the time I got to the hospital.  The epidural placement was uneventful and I felt immediate relief. 

Smiles after the epidural
 About an hour and a half later, the nurse checked me and I was 9cm dilated.  I felt nothing.  It was glorious.  She went to get the doctor and came back to do two practice pushes before the doctor showed up.  The doctor came in, took one look and told me I could have her out in two pushes.  He was right!  She was born at 9:09am and weighed 7lbs 9oz.


 I was so happy to hold my sweet girl!  She is so perfect and looks just like Jackson except with softer features.  Because of the fast delivery, her head was perfectly round!

Daddy holds his daughter for the first time.
 After we were settled in our new room, Charley left for her first bath.  She wasn't a fan.

I felt so good after delivery and was so excited since I was miserable after Jackson.  Everything was going well until about 5:30 that evening and I started having a lot of bleeding.  I was terrified as the nurses and doctor filled the room.  I had to have my IV put in again and a catheter in case I needed to go back for surgery in a hurry.  The nurses were unable to to stop the bleeding and I was told I would need a D&C if the medicine didn't fix it.  The doctor came in and fixed the problem by removing the clot manually right there at the bed.  Poor Bryan was holding Charley and was right there to see the whole thing.  I'm sure he was traumatized.  I sure was!  The doctor was confident that he fixed the problem but I was still so nervous to get up after my catheter was removed the next day.  I was so scared the bleeding would start again.  Luckily, everything was fine and I was feeling much better.  I took the most needed and refreshing shower and felt like a new lady!

 We are so in love with her and are adjusting to a new normal at the house.  I'll post more pictures as time allows:)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations.She is beautiful. All the best to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad the clot was fixed quickly...that must have been really scary :(. i hope the adjustment at home is going great!

    ReplyDelete