Tuesday, June 12, 2012

39 Weeks

I was so excited for my appointment on Monday to see how much progress I had made.  At my 36 week appointment, the doctor said he didn't think there was any way I would make it to my due date.  Each week I was another cm dilated so I was making great progress and I just knew she was coming soon.  Then there was this week....

I didn't make any progress from 3cm but I did gain a lot of weight.  As nice as the nurse was to say, "I think you're retaining water," all of the ice cream and sweets I ate over the week were in the front of my mind.  Ooops! 

I was really excited when she asked if I wanted her to look at the induction schedule!  YES!!!  She said she would call me later in the afternoon with a tentative date.  I left feeling a little bummed that there wasn't more progress but I was excited they were letting me talk induction.  I was induced with Jackson 5 days after his due date.  I know they like to wait until 41 weeks but I pitched enough of a fit that the doctor agreed to do it early.  And it worked beautifully.  I labored quickly and it all went off without a hitch!

Anyway, I was so sad to hear the message from the doctor that afternoon saying that I was on the schedule for JUNE 25TH!!!  Whaaaat?  That's a really long time from now.  My mom is coming for three weeks starting tomorrow and I am a little sad that she could potentially be here for two weeks before Charley arrives and only one week after.  Also, I just sent out birthday invitations for JJ's second birthday.  I wouldn't have had a party if I knew I would only be home from the hospital for 3 days.  Gross.

Until she comes, I am trying to push Negative Nancy aside and enjoy the time I have with Jackson as an only child!  She has to come eventually and I am walking 2 miles every day until she does!  If I don't go into labor from the walking, at least I'll be in better shape before and after delivery.  Here's to hoping my water breaks as I hit "publish!"

No comments:

Post a Comment