Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Still Pregnant

Well, I'm still pregnant.  I'm 40 weeks and 3 days today.  I had an appointment on Monday and I was so hoping that I could convince the nurse practitioner that my doctor should induce me earlier than Monday the 25th.  I had no luck with that.  I tried really hard too and gave her a huge list of all of my worries.  Bless her heart.  She is such a positive lady.  She started the appointment by saying, "Wow!  You're lucky Dr. Olson already has you on the induction schedule at 41 weeks 2 days.  He ALWAYS makes his patients wait until 42 weeks."  At that point, I knew it wasn't going to go well.  I told her that I was worried that my labor was so quick with Jackson and that since I was already further along, it would be really fast and my husband may not make it back from the city if she comes before the induction time.  She said, "That's great news that you labor so quickly."  I give her a lot of credit.  She has the perfect answer for everything.  She ended the conversation by telling me that I had a lot of worries and needed to breathe.  Oh well.


As hard as I tried to get her here earlier, if there's one thing I learned from Jackson, it's that babies do their own thing in their own time and are unpredictable.  Charley is no different.  I am healthy, she's healthy, so I have decided to stay positive and not let my frustrations ruin these last few days with my son as an only child.

Here's to hoping that she makes her debut before the 25th though.  I really don't want to host JJ's 2nd birthday party 6 days after giving birth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment