Monday, July 28, 2014
Bryan and I met at Summer Welcome at Mizzou. He had some cheesy pick up line about marching band but it did get us talking. We had so much fun the first day and said goodbye at the end of the night. The next morning I got up early to take my Spanish placement test and I looked up and he was sitting at the computer across from me. We laughed about it and said bye again. A couple hours later I arrived to the bookstore to get my ID to find that Bryan and his parents were the last people in line. We talked some more in line and said goodbye again. After some other stops along campus and lunch we went to the dorm I would be living in to see the sample room. Guess who was in there!! We walked in the dorm room and there he was again. We said goodbye for the final time and he went back to Cincinnati and I went to Blue Springs. On Move In Day in August we were waiting for the elevator to check in the dorm and, of course, Bryan and his parents were in there when the doors open. Needless to say, I knew there was something special there. We were officially dating a couple months later. I love that part of our story!
We have been so blessed as a couple and we are looking forward to so many more years together. I love you, Bryan!
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
I'm not really sure why I never posted Charley's final monthly update. This is the last of FOUR years of monthly updates between the two kids. I know I will be so glad to have these to look back on in several years when all of this is a blur. Now it's just updates every 6 months.
- weigh 28 pounds and 9 ounces which is the 83rd percentile.
- are 34.5 inches tall which is the 62nd percentile.
- wear a size 6 shoe, 2T clothes, and a size 4 diaper.
- have developed quite the personality. You let everyone know if you aren't happy and have developed quite high standards for what makes you happy.
- love playing with Jackson and copying him. You don't love sharing with him and have no shame in blaming him for every little thing.
- call Jackson "shaksie."
- have become a much better communicator after your tubes were placed.
- wake up talking about your friends at school, Holly and Thaddeus. You said, "Holly, Fun. Thaddeus, Fun."
- are still an incredible eater. You eat so many fruits and vegetables. You really aren't much for sweets which is okay with mommy.
- mostly want white milk and water. You don't like most juices or chocolate milk.
- have started showing a lot of interested in potty training. You have even had several successes in the toilet. You like watching everyone and you want to be fully naked to sit on your little frog potty.
- are such a snuggler and have the squishiest, most kissable cheeks!
HAPPY SECOND BIRTHDAY, CHARLEY JANE!!
Sunday, July 20, 2014
Last Tuesday was a perfect day for a zoo trip. It was only going to be 63 degrees at noon so we even got to take cozy sweatshirts! The kids had a blast!
We went with our friends Andrea, Jacob, and Tessa. Jackson and Jacob loved running around together.
It was a fun day at the Sea Lion exhibit because the trainers were there. The kids thought it was great to watch the sea lions play with their ball and eat fish from the pail.
The boys were excited to ride the wolf.
All of the animals were so active because of the cool weather. The kids were exhausted by this point and were happy to have the rail to lean against.
Saturday, July 12, 2014
Summer has been busy, busy, busy! In the nearly 3 weeks it's been since the last post, both kids had their birthdays. Charley turned two on June 22 but that day was spent in the car driving home from Nebraska. Since the kids birthdays are only a couple weeks apart we to do a combo birthday party. Throw the Fourth of July in there and we had a busy weekend! We have gone to the pool every Fourth since I was pregnant with Jackson so it's a fun tradition to continue. It was great to have an extra set (or three) of hands so Bryan and I could ride some slides.