Monday, July 28, 2014

This is What Eight Looks Like

Today Bryan and I have been married 8 years.  We dated for 5 years before that.  Making this collage was such a fun way to look back.  We have moved three times, added a dog and two kids, and lost an incredible father and three grandparents.  The transition to parenthood is hard but I can't imagine a better partner on the journey. 

Bryan and I met at Summer Welcome at Mizzou.  He had some cheesy pick up line about marching band but it did get us talking.  We had so much fun the first day and said goodbye at the end of the night.  The next morning I got up early to take my Spanish placement test and I looked up and he was sitting at the computer across from me.  We laughed about it and said bye again.  A couple hours later I arrived to the bookstore to get my ID to find that Bryan and his parents were the last people in line.  We talked some more in line and said goodbye again.  After some other stops along campus and lunch we went to the dorm I would be living in to see the sample room.  Guess who was in there!!  We walked in the dorm room and there he was again.  We said goodbye for the final time and he went back to Cincinnati and I went to Blue Springs.  On Move In Day in August we were waiting for the elevator to check in the dorm and, of course, Bryan and his parents were in there when the doors open.  Needless to say, I knew there was something special there.  We were officially dating a couple months later.  I love that part of our story!

We have been so blessed as a couple and we are looking forward to so many more years together.  I love you, Bryan!

No comments:

Post a Comment