I pulled together some picture of both kids around the same ages. There are definitely similarities. JJ had a much narrower jaw line that Charley has. She's is...fluffier. For sure!
Thursday, August 30, 2012
Caroline, at two months you:
- weigh 12 pounds and 14 oz. That's the 76th percentile.
- are 23 3/4 inches long. That's the 92nd percentile.
- have a big head like your brother. It's in the 96th percentile.
- are much more aware of what's going on around you. You smile at people who talk to you.
- are "talking" more and more. Your coos are so sweet.
- like to sit in your bouncer and smile at the lion.
- are sleeping in your crib. You sleep is all over the place. There have been 5 nights that you slept for 7 hours in one stretch. All the other nights you sleep in 3 hour stretches.
- are a pretty content baby. You usually only cry if you are hungry, wet, or tired.
- don't move around much on your back or your belly. You are content right where you are and don't even try to move.
- nap pretty well. You nap in your crib or your swing.
- fit perfectly in 3 month clothes. It won't be long until you're in 6 months.
- are so loved by Mommy, Daddy, and Jackson.
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
There is a great little zoo fairly close to us that makes for a fun, low-key morning. Brookfield Zoo is always a good time but it's a lot of work to take both kids by myself and it leaves us all exhausted. Cosley Zoo is a perfect alternative. We went last week with our friends Macy, Matthew, Marcus, and Jacob. Macy and Jackson have been friends since they were weeks old and Marcus and Jacob are nwe friends and are the same age as Macy's little brother Matthew. They are nine months old. The kids had a fun time seeing all the farm animals they see in their books.
|Jackson and Macy feeding the ducks|
|Charley spent her time enjoying the breezes.|
|Goats and sheep are always JJ's favorite.|
|Charley always ends up holding things for us. Here she is holding her paci, JJ's goldfish, a burp cloth, and my wallet.|
|Trying to get closer to the llamas.|
We can't wait to get back soon!
Thursday, August 16, 2012
Last weekend we took a much needed trip home to Kansas City. We hadn't been there since we told everyone I was pregnant in November! My mom had a jam packed weekend planned for us. We drove in on Friday and it took us 9 hours. In the car. With a toddler. And a newborn. And a DVD player. The DVD player saved the day and the trip wasn't terrible. Just long.
When we arrived we quickly changed into swim suits and splashed for a bit in the neighborhood pool. My dad was cooking ribs and we went home just in time to meet my brother and his new girlfriend Lindsey. I LOVE her! The ribs were delicious too! Thanks dad!
The next morning we met with my mom's side of the family for a picnic breakfast at the park. The food was made by my aunt and uncle on their camp stove and it was so good! Jackson was so well behaved and loved the bread (french toast)!
After breakfast we went home so Jackson could nap. It was a quick one at just 45 minutes. It's his usual nap length so I wasn't surprised. It gave us lots of time to get to the lake to see the fish. This is the lake we grew up on so it's always fun to go back. JJ loved feeding the fish.
We headed to the Alexanders for dinner and chatting after the lake. It was great to catch up and for Jackson to play with a friend! Thanks for the great evening, Miriam and Randy! Even though we were exhausted, we went home and put the kids to bed and then went to our friend John's house. He was in from Nebraska celebrating his 30th birthday so we couldn't miss the opportunity to say hello. Little did I know that Charley was going to wake up every hour that night. Oy! It was so fun to see him and his wife Ella after a long time. Happy birthday John!
Sunday morning we met up with Ashley and Brad and we got to meet their daughter Hadley. She's adorable! It was a quick visit because next on our agenda was my dad's side of the family. His brother and sister came over for lunch. We just hung out and caught up with them. It had been several years. Way too long!
At that point we were exhausted so we went for a quick dinner at Panera, had some frozen yogurt at Yogurtini and then headed home for bed after a quick stop at Walmart.
It was such a fun weekend but it really wore us out. Charley was doing so well with her sleep (going to bed at 9:30 and sleeping until 4) but now she's back to every 3 hours. We'll get there!
Thanks for a great weekend, Mom!