Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Proof is in the Pin Link Up

Today I am sharing a couple Pinterest ideas I have tried in a link-up with Sarah's blog, Life{Sweet}Life.  I love it!  She does a monthly post called The Proof is in the Pin and I remembered to take a picture so I thought I'd share. 
 
The first one is the sweet peasant dress I made for Charley.  I pinned this dress when I saw how easy it looked to make.  And it was!  Four rectangles is the pattern.  This is a bad iPhone picture and it's all bunched up on her now but it fits great and it was so easy.  The only thing I did differently was to add the trim at the bottom instead of just hemming it.  From start to finish I think it took 2 hours.  I bet it will take less time next time I make it since I know what I'm doing and won't have to re-read the instructions mulitple times.


She always ends up with unicorn bows.  I put them on the side and within 3 seconds, they are smack-dab in the middle of her forehead.
The next thing I tried was Cinnamon Applesauce Ornaments.  I was shocked that you could make a dough with JUST cinnamon and applesauce.  I wish I would have gotten cinnamon from the dollar store because you use a lot but it was an impulse decision to make them so I bought McCormick because that's all there was.  It was really easy to make them...but they're still sitting in a bowl on my kitchen counters two weeks later because I never put them on the tree!!!  Super lazy.  I was kind of hoping they would smell and they really don't.  It still felt festive while I was making them though! 
I'm always making things I find on Pinterest so hopefully I can keep this up!

2 comments:

  1. My goodness Charley is SO precious! I love that dress - I am super impressed! Maybe one day I'll get brave enough to try it. :) And I've been wanting to try some ornaments like that too, so I'll have to give it a shot! Thanks so much for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't find an email address for you but wanted to let you know I saw your comment asking about Manny's potty training. Honestly I didn't do anything. He started wanting to go and from there, I made sure to take him very often the first few weeks. He's still not completely trained (#2) but I figure it will come with time. :)

    ReplyDelete