Sunday, December 2, 2012

A Festive Start to December

Yesterday was a great start to the festive season.  Bryan left early to run the Santa Hustle with his friend Clayton.  I joked with him that he should be dressed as an elf when he hangs out with Clayton because he is soooo tall that it makes Bryan look really short.  They had fun.  Bryan said it was the first time he's ever been giving a chocolate chip cookie in the middle of a race.  They were passing out M&Ms too!
 
 The kids and I stayed home and did some baking for my friend Andrea's Annual Christmas Dessert Party!  The first year I went I came in first place but I spent HOURS making cake pops and I'm not sure it was worth it.  The following year I came in dead last as I should have because I was super lazy with my cookies.  I was hoping that this year would land me somewhere in the middle, and it did!
 
Jackson wanted to help and he enjoyed "clean up" the most.
 Here are some of the desserts.  Mine were the puppy chow cookies served in the green dog bowl in the back.  There were Thin Mint girl scout cookie re-makes, an Andes mint cake, lemon blueberry cheesecake cookies, oatmeal butterscotch cookies, double fudge brownies and Andes mint cookies.
 These were white chocolate peppermint cheesecake squares on a cookie dough crust.
 This was a cherry fluff dessert and it was fabulous. 
Each person judges based on three categories:  Taste, Presentation, and Originality.  It's always a lot of fun and so yummy to try a bite of all the treats.
 
I actually didn't get a picture of the winning dessert though!  They were individually packaged in boxes and it was a chocolate caramel tarte with chocolate ganache.  Andrea's friend Stephanie made them and she wins a lot.....but she's also a culinary student!  NO FAIR!!! 
 
It's always a lot of fun and so great to get away from the kiddos for a bit!

1 comment:

  1. Those desserts look fantastic! I was going to do that run but decided to skip it because I was afraid we would have snow by then.

    Uhm, I was way wrong. Can you believe the weather today?

    ReplyDelete