Sunday, December 9, 2012

Jackson's Cookie Decorating Party

Right after Charley was born I decided I wanted to organize/host weekly play dates for moms in our area.  There was a group of us from Cradle Talk that still met frequently and the topic of weekly dates kept coming up.  I just decided it was finally time to organize it and it has worked out great.  Some days we play at our house and other times we go places.  This past Tuesday we hosted a cookie decorating party!  It was so fun!
 
I made 5 dozen sugar cookies and just had red and green icing for the kids to spread on.  I was going to do shape cookies but realized how long it would take me to make that many and I didn't figure two year olds would care.  Several moms brought sprinkles and that was all we needed! 
 
I wanted to the kids to have something to take home so I made each kid their own cup.  I just ordered outdoor vinyl (so it's waterproof and dishwasher safe) and made these designs with my Silhouette.  They were a big hit. .
 Addison was a great cookie decorator and sat in this chair for far longer than I would have guessed a two year old could.
 
More mommas juggling kids.  Most of us have two kids now so our house was very busy!
 
Jacob was a great decorator.  I love the pile of sprinkles in front of him.
 
Jackson actually gets a little overwhelmed when we host these play dates.  It would be hard to have 10-12 kids come over and play with all of your toys.  He decided he wanted to "paint" his cookies about 20 minutes after all the other kids were done.  Sweet boy.

Quality control.

The huge mess that the kids made was a great representation of how much fun they had.

I think I will make this a tradition for JJ and his friends!  

2 comments:

  1. So fun! I hope to do something like this next year with my son. I love decorating cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a blast. It also looks a bit like our house this time of year. I hope you will consider linking this great post to our blog hop at: http://kindredlive.com/cookies-for-santa-virtual-holiday-cookbook-recipes-blog-hop/#

    Hope to see you there! Holly

    ReplyDelete