Thursday, May 6, 2010

Meet the Doctor

He looks nice enough! He is a pretty goofy guy but I think he will be Jackson's pediatrician. We went to a Meet the Doctor night at Kids First Pediatrics tonight. There were four expecting couples. We walked in at the last minute as Bryan had to leave early to try to make it in time. I hate being late so I was stressed but we were there at 7:03 for a 7:00 start. I guess it's pretty good considering he was still in the city at 5:45. Sidenote- It's sad that traveling for an hour and fifteen minutes could be seen as a good commute. Oh well, moving on.

We noticed tonight that we are fairly trusting of our doctors. We didn't really have any questions at the time. I think he knows that first time parents aren't sure what to ask. It was clear though that Bryan and I aren't passionate about the lastest controversial topics with parenting. Dr. Kovar made it very clear that they favor vaccines. I hadn't really thought about it too much. To me, there was never any doubt that Jackson would get vaccinated for all necessary diseases. I never questioned circumcision either. It's interesting to see what gets different parents fired up.

Dr. Kovar gave us three tips of advice before we left.
1. Ask for formula samples. They have a lot that they give away.
2. (For the dads) Never wake up and say "That was a good night." Make sure the mom says it first and then you can agree.
3. (Also for the dads) Never say "You get up with the baby tonight because I have to work tomorrow." He said he made this mistake and immediately regretted it.

It was good to have another baby task crossed off the list. I see no reason to look further!

No comments:

Post a Comment