Monday, May 10, 2010

8 Weeks Left

Dear Jackson,

Your daddy and I woke up on Sunday, Mother's Day, and realized there are just 8 short weeks until you are scheduled to arrive. We couldn't be more excited. We are so ready to meet you. Daddy is doing his best to make sure you stay safe by making sure I take it easy. He doesn't like it when I work too hard. I still usually cook dinner but he always cleans up while I relax a bit on the couch. He wants what's best for you already. He loves us both a lot and we are so lucky to have him.

Your growing body is a lot to be thankful for but, if you'll allow mommy to be honest, it's a little painful too. And, you still have a lot of growing to do. Your movements have slowed down a little as you are running out of room in there. I spend a lot of time during the day pushing your little elbows, knees, and bottom back in a little bit. You slowly push them out and I genltly push you back. You get the hiccups a lot too and boy are they fast. I enjoy them though because it reminds me that everything is okay in there.

I am doing my best to stay well rested for you but it has been a little hard to sleep lately. We get up several times a night to go to the bathroom or to relieve a really bad cramp in my feet or calves. I jump out of bed very quickly and daddy doesn't even wake up. We'll have to make sure we turn your baby monitor up really loudly so it wakes up daddy. He'll sleep through anything, including an earthquake.

We are going to class in a couple weeks to learn about our visit in the hospital when we get to finally meet you. I am really excited for it but your daddy is a little scared. He will do very well though, I'm sure.

You are doing a great job in there and are growing like crazy. Keep it up but be nice to momma! We've got another eight weeks with these living conditions.

Here is a picture of us together on Mother's Day.

We love you!

Mommy and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment