Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Construction is Done!

Sunday morning we were up and at 'em getting the nursery going. My dad used this sprayer thing to get the top coats on the dresser/changing table. I trust my dad but when he told me it was safe for me to be in the room while he was spraying it but then he put on that scary mask contraption, I had to laugh. We both agreed I would just stay for a quick picture and then head out.
These are the boards that we had to paint to get up on the wall.

My mom did a lot of internet surfing as she was recovering from her surgery.
Mike did a lot of sleeping because, well, he's Mike.
I finally finished painting the mural on the wall. I am planning on putting a book shelf between the two trees.Here is the AWESOME shelf after it was installed. It's perfect. Just what I wanted. Thanks Dad!
Bryan has dreams of lots of trophies along the shelf.
This is one of the valances for the room. I bought it so I could match paint colors.
A weekend worth of work in one picture. The crib headboard should be in soon so we can put that under the shelf.
My parents ended up staying an extra day so we had some "fun" time too. All work and no play is no fun at all. It's looking great in the nursery.

No comments:

Post a Comment