Saturday, March 27, 2010

Daddy Do List

My parents are here for the weekend and there are plans to get this nursery in order. My dad is quite the handy man and arrived with an SUV full of tools. On our to do list today was to refinish the changing table/dresser that Bryan used as a baby. It is so fun to have this and a cradle that can still be used within the family. After we used the sander my dad brought we realized we needed another type as well to get in to the little nooks and crannies. So, off to Shaumburg we went to get a detailing sander. When we got back, and for the rest of the day, he and I sanded the finish and color off of the whole dresser.
Claire was very intrigued. She's still tryign to take this all in. There are two new rooms that have been open to her after being closed off since we moved in. She wasn't too sure about the loud noise from the sander either.My dad worked really hard on this. I was just up there for emotional support while Bryan worked, Mike slept, and my mom rested and continued recovering from surgery.After a quick dinner break at Meatheads and then a stop off at CVS for some heartburn relief, we came back home so the boys could stain it. The fumes were crazy so I stayed far away. I just walked in to snap a couple shots of the progress.I am really loving it. It matches the crib and new changing table perfectly!It's a quarter to 10 and Bryan and my dad are still upstairs staining away. Somehow, even 8 hours away from home, Mike had a friend to meet up with and he left for a night on the town Things are looking good for everyone but Claire. She has to be in her kennel right now so she doesn't stick her nose in the stain.




No comments:

Post a Comment