Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

We had a relaxing yet productive weekend with Mom and Dad Clark and enjoyed Easter Sunday.



While Bryan worked on Friday, the rest of us were left coming up with ideas to pass the day. Dick said that demolition of the swing set looked fun. It was a beautiful day and, as you can see, the set had seen better days. So, down it came and we will get a new one with the time is right? Who knows, Jackson may be more interested in getting a skate park set up in the back yard than a swing set. We'll have to wait and see I guess. Luckily, I just took pictures, enjoyed the weather, and played with Claire.










Bryan got home late on Friday night and we went to our small group for church while Dick and Sharon went out for a dinner on their own at Key Wester, a yummy restaurant in Naperville.


Saturday we ate WAY too many (actually it was just me) cinnamon rolls and sat around the house a bit. We headed out to enjoy more nice weather and lunch and a movie. When we got back, it was time for some baby gifts. Lily was bored.


We got some appliques for the nursery walls, a valance, and THE BEDDING SET from Mimi and Grandpa. I think those are the official names now! My parents will be Nana and Papa.

Grandpa Clark made Bryan a cradle when he was a baby and we have it at our house now. Grandma and Grandpa Clark got us (I mean Jackson) a bedding set for his cradle. We will get pictures up AS SOON AS IT'S SET UP!

Baw Baw got the lamp for Jackson's room. I will really enjoy seeing Jackson in the dim light of the lamp when I am awake with him at 1am, 2am, 3am, 4am, 5am, and 6am.

Luckily my cooking turned out okay on Easter because everything I made, I made for the first time. These were for breakfast. We had bacon and egg bundles and french toast sticks


For dinner we had a ham, au gratin potatoes (from scratch, I have made the box before :) ), green bean bundles, bunny bread, and strawberry pretzel salad. I also made chocolate chip coffee cake but we haven't tried that yet. Before dinner, I realized it was going to be a while before dinner so I whipped up some deviled eggs, cheese and crackers, and carrots and dip to stave off our hunger until the food was ready. This was what our eggs looked like before they became deviled!So, Spring Break is over and now I have to get back to the real world. It was a great break!

No comments:

Post a Comment