Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pentwater

Last weekend was our friend's wedding in Pentwater, Michigan.  I was looking forward to a getaway though I knew it would be far from relaxing.  I was so nervous to have Charley and Jackson sleeping in the same hotel room.  That was the least of the troubles, we soon found out!

Our drive there was really good.  I had to sit between the two kids in back for a while and after being kicked in the face numerous times, I turned his car seat forward facing at the next rest stop.  I was hoping that change would help him be more calm in the car but it didn't.  It did save me from more blows to the face though! 

We arrived early evening and the weather was awesome.  We hit the beach for a while and then went to dinner.  JJ loved the sand but he wasn't too fond of the water.  The only picture we took on our nice phone were the first night at the beach because Jackson is a crazy man and there wasn't a free hand to take pictures the rest of the trip.  Juggling two is hard!




This nice guy offered to let Jackson "fly" his kite.


Charley's first time at the beach.


He didn't mind a little sand on his mouth.

Ready, Set.....

GO!!!


The best of many attempts at a family picture.
Pentwater was beautiful and trips like these make me look forward to the days when traveling with kids becomes a bit more rewarding and enjoyable for the kids.  I'm not sure when that age will be but I know for Jackson, it's not age 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment