Sunday, July 28, 2013

Dupage County Fair


It's almost 1am on Sunday morning and I'm blogging from bed.  I've had a bit of a Captain George's (ate waaaay too much on a seafood buffet on vacation when I was younger)  experience tonight and am really regretting my food choices.  What's not pictured is the corn dog and steak on a stick I also ate.  Gross!  Why did I think all of that was a good idea?

Despite how I'm feeling now, we had a GREAT time at the fair with Nana and Papa.  Jackson loved looking at all the animals, except the ducks which are apparently far scarier than a massive cow. 

We spent $20 on tickets for him to ride the rides and he wasn't really into it at first.  I was a little bummed but he warmed up to it. He was thrilled when we found the Truck Track from when the carnival was by our mall.  It was the same amusement company.  

The kids were exhausted after a couple of hours and were ready to come home.  Papa too.  He didn't think to bring long sleeves and it was freezing! 

After Jackson's swimming lessons, a seven mile run, and a trip to the county fair, I'm tired and hoping I can pack a lot of punch in the next six hours of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment