Friday, July 5, 2013

Charley's First Birthday

 Charley turned ONE on June 22nd but we celebrated her birthday on the 23rd.  I had so much fun making her PINK party!  I made this banner with my Silhouette and washi tape.

 This high chair was used for Jackson's party so I knew I wanted to spray paint it pink for Charley's.  It worked perfectly and made for some great cake eating photos.
 The cake was a white cake with white icing that I colored pink.  It was a bit time consuming but so, so easy.  Anyone can do it!  I even made a tiny three tiered cake for her to eat!
 
We had a huge group so even though Charley still is not mobile, I knew I needed something for the 26 kids to do!  Seriously, 26 toddlers and babies.  Oh my.  The bounce house was perfect!  After the party all the adults were jumping too!
 I'm pretty sure Jackson thought the party was for him.  He had the BEST time!
 Our back yard looked like a scene from a movie with all the tents, water toys and bounce house.  Several people said it looked like Owen Wilson might show up at any moment to crash it.  It had to have been a bit overwhelming for our friends without kids.
 
 
 Jackson was in heaven with all the chips and cake.  I made LOTS of pulled pork, mac and cheese, pasta salad, and pb&j sandwiches.  There was fruit and chips too!
 Jackson cried for his smash cake experience but I was pretty sure Charley would know just what to do!  She nailed it!
 
 
 She was so, so messy and went straight up for a bath!
 
 We waited to open gifts until after the party so it wouldn't be as overwhelming.  We only opened three before she was ready for a nap.  It took us three days to open them since we just did a few at a time.
 We loved having Meredith and Kyle (who had just gotten married two days before!) stay a bit after to chat!  They love our kids and we love them!
It was such a fun day!  Now we're getting ready for Jackson's party.  He asks me several times a day if it's his birthday.  Not yet sweet boy.  Just 4 more sleeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment