Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter Fun

We spread our Easter activities out over a couple weekends and had a lot of fun!  We went to an egg hunt last weekend that was really laid back and Jackson had a blast.  They did a hunt every 30 minutes so the kids were all sure to get eggs.  There was a 12 egg limit and Jackson met his limit and then plopped down to see what was in his eggs.  He ate a lot of candy that day!

This was Charley's first time sitting in grass and it's also maybe my favorite picture of all time.  This has been Charley's attitude the whole week.  I found out today that she has an ear infection.  Hopefully she'll be smiling again soon.  Again though, best picture ever!
 Jackson is OBSESSED with Easter bunnies.  He can spot them a mile away and runs as fast as he can to get there.  He saw several bunnies before Easter and loved them all.
 Saturday we went to an egg hunt in Naperville.  I had heard it was going to be really crowded and it was!  Luckily they split the kids by age so Jackson was in the 1s and 2s baseball field.  There were eggs all over the outfield.
 Everyone stayed behind the flags until the fire truck siren went off and then the hunt began!  Parents hoisted their kids and ran to the big gifts scattered around.  We decided to just Jackson do it on his own. 
 Our friends Ryan, Andrea, and Jacob were there too.  Jacob just sat on the ground the whole time.  His parents put 4 eggs in his basket so he didn't leave empty handed. :)  It was good practice for the hunt at our house the next day.
 This is a pretty awkward pose but it's hard to pick up eggs with a 21 pound baby strapped to your chest.  Also, notice that everyone else is wearing a coat.  We are definitely nominated for Parents of the Year since we left Jackson's coat at home.  "It's okay that you're freezing, honey.  Just collect a lot of eggs and it will all be worth it."
 There was no limit at this hunt but he got 12 again.
 I don't think the hunt lasted more than a minute.  It was over so fast!
 Then we sat in an outfield full of dried goose poop and opened eggs.  Perfection. 
 Easter morning had a rough start.  Charley was coughing so much so I knew I couldn't put her in the nursery.  I was so sad for her to miss her first Easter but I decided I had to keep her home.  She slept a little and had a breathing treatment and then we met Jackson, Bryan, and Mimi at Pomegranate Café for brunch. 
The Easter Bunny was really terrible this year and didn't set out Easter baskets until late afternoon.  It was okay though because the biggest hit was the blue grass that was spread all across the house. 
 After a fight with a tripod and a remote shutter we were able to get this family photo.
 I made an Easter dinner for us and we were happy to have the Ashley's join us for dinner and another egg hunt.  Jackson set the table and after I re-set it, we snapped this photo.  He was pretty proud.


Jacob had an Easter dinner of watermelon and Jackson feasted on rolls and then we went out to hunt.  I decided to parent another day and enjoy my own dinner so I was fine with his dinner choices.  :)  Ryan and Bryan hid the eggs and the boys were off.  Jacob collected a lot more at the beginning because Jackson stopped to open each of his eggs looking for candy.

 This wasn't really how I envisioned Charley's Easter outfit but it is what it is!  She didn't wear her big dress because we didn't go to church.  I opted for her bunny shirt and she had it on for a couple hours and then pooped all up the back of it.  Cute outfit fail.  I was so over it by that point that I didn't even care if she matched.  Clearly.  Sorry baby girl.  Your first Easter wasn't very festive.
 We came inside and opened eggs and Jackson shoved his face full of jellybeans.

 The night ended with a massive fit from Jackson and some time being restrained by Daddy in his room while I said good-bye to our guests.  I went upstairs to find a VERY angry little boy who was exhausted.  He was so tired that after he demanded that I clip his fingernails before bed (so weird!) he fell asleep mid clipping.  He had such a fun day!  I hid all the candy and he seems to have forgotten about it. 

You win a medal if you made it to the end of this post!  Lots of photos to share!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment