Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Proof is in the Pin!

It's time for another link-up with Sarah's blog, Life{Sweet}Life. I had a lot of pinterest projects this month so I was ready for it!  It's quite a wide range of topics too!

The first project was Felt Faces for JJ.  My Mom's group decided to do a Busy Bag Swap.  We ended up with 16 participants.  I made 16 sets of these faces (LOTS of cutting) but I will get 15 different bags from other moms!  I'm so excited.  Our swap is next Tuesday.  This site linked to the pin has lots of great ideas!

My next project was No Bake Cookie Butter Cookies.  I saw the Trader Joe's Flyer and this product jumped out at me.  I still don't get how cookies makes a spread like this but I don't ask questions.  I just eat it.  It is delicious on Ritz crackers or with apples.
 These are the no-bake cookies after our small group devoured them.  It made a lot!  I'm not sure I would make them again.  Since they look like peanut butter I kept eating them wishing it was peanut better.  The Cookie Butter itself is good but I think next time I'll just make regular no-bake cookies.
 Project number 3 was from this pin.  These turned out well especially if you like those packaged, thick sugar cookies from the grocery store.  It was all really good but I don't really like those super soft cookies.  The icing was just kind of "eh" to me.  I will make the cookies with my regular icing recipe next time.  Just powdered sugar and milk.
 I didn't have to make anything for project 4!  I have given up my relationship with the sun so in order to fix my crazy pastiness, I am in the market for sunless tanning lotion.  This pin was so helpful!  She did a great job describing a bunch of different lotions.  This was one of her top choices and I love it!  I mix it half and half with my regular lotion and I still get a great color.  The only think I don't like is that it has some shimmer to it so it doesn't do well on your face unless you want to look like a high school cheerleader at a pep rally.
 And finally, this pin.  I love this when I saw it and then one day it hit me that I had what I needed to do it!  When my parents were here when Charley was born, their dog pulled off some of our fence pickets.  They were just taking up space in the garage so I cut them up and screwed them together with another piece of scrap wood I found.  I just free handed the words with regular acrylic paint from Hobby Lobby.  I messed up the spacing on the bottom so it's squished but I'm over it.  The perfectionist in my wants to pull off that bottom board and re-do it but the lazy part of me is fine with the way it is.  This project took about an hour, start to finish.  So easy! 
 Also, that chevron piece next to it? Bryan calls that our Charlie Brown urn. Ugh. Boys.

1 comment:

  1. I love the pins you did! That sign is super cute! You have me cracking up with the high school cheerleader reference...love it! Oh and the Charlie Brown urn? Seriously laughing out loud. SO something my husband would say!! Thanks so much for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete