Thursday, November 15, 2012

We're Still Alive

It really wasn't my intention to neglect the blog for two weeks.  Has it really been two weeks since I last posted?  It turns out that having two kids is hard!  It's a daily juggling act.  I have been losing weight with Weight Watchers and I stopped tracking my food points a couple months ago.  I was surprised that I kept losing but last week I forgot to eat lunch TWO TIMES!  I don't forget eating.  It's one of my favorite parts of life.  Anyway, we're busy.  And I'm struggling to stay on top of it all.
 
 
Charley is expressing my feelings exactly.  No one is sleeping well in the house right now and it's a huge energy zapper.  We are traveling for Thangsgiving but as soon as we come back, sleep training will begin.  She is waking up around 5 times a night!  I'm so pooped.  And done.
 
I don't think I ever posted pictures of my new hair!  I was getting so tired of having to keep it colored so I decided to get back to my natural color.  I have almost completely adjusted to it and no longer freak out when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror.
 
Charley had her first cereal which is funny since I said I wasn't going to give her cereal until she was six months.  I'm not sure why I had that in my head but I just decided one day that I wanted to try it.  She did pretty well.  She's still quite the togue thruster but we've got time. :)  It didn't help her sleep any longer at night, by the way. :(
 
 
She'll sleep in my arms like a champ though.  She's huge!  I can't get enough of her cheeks and how big the helmet makes them look.  She really looks much more normal when the helmet is off.  Speaking of helmets, she only has three or four more weeks with it!  Yay!
 
Mimi visited the week and weekend after Halloween!  We had so much fun and it was great to have an extra set of hands.
 Bryan had a panel he had to sit on on Saturday morning so we met him there to see his new office and go to the Childrens's Museum on Navy Pier.  Jackson loved sitting at Daddy's desk.
 
 The museum was fun but I am so glad we have one we like just as much that is a lot closer.  Jackson can really only stand to be there about an hour or an hour and a half and then he's just done!  He had fun though.
 
 
 
 We have taken several trips to the park to get some fresh air.  Jackson doesn't do two well.  The thought that three could be worse is so overwhelming! 
 
 Luckily Charley is easy to tote around with us.
 I had a Shutterfly More Merry House Party while my parents were in town last weekend so I wanted to have my whole house decorated for Christmas.  I did it but I hope I don't get sick of it too soon.  I added some gold mesh to my kitchen tree this year.
 I made JJ a tree too.  It's felt so he can decorate it how he wants.  It was up for two days and then he ripped it down.  I haven't figured out a good way to stick it to the wall.  I was using command strips but the felt fibers stay on the strip and rest of it falls.  I would just use tape but I don't want it to leave a residue.  We'll keep working on that solution because he really liked it!
 We have been crafting too.  JJ was helping me paint the background of our Winter Fun checklist.
 These are water beads.  They are supposed to go in a vase of flowers but JJ loves moving them from one dish to another.  I just wish I knew if they were toxic or not (Great mom, huh?)  I would like to know that it wouldn't hurt him or Claire if one was eaten.  He loves them though.
 Nana and Papa were here last weekend and he loved the extra attention!
 We went to the Dupage Children's Museum with Nana and Papa too.
 
 On Tuesday we had our weekly Momma gathering.  This week we brought new recipes we wanted to try before we took them to family gatherings.  It was yummy and we gave each other honest feedback and suggestions. I set Charley on the couch while I changed JJ's diaper and when I came back, she had fallen asleep!  Don't let her fool you into thinking she's a good sleeper.  She's not!
 And neither is he.  I'm so scared that we may be done with naps very soon.  He cries in his room for an hour if he doesn't want to sleep.  I tell him every day that he can get up and play with puzzles or read books but he just cries.  And eats an apple.  Hey, whatever it takes to get him upstairs is what I do.  Apple in bed not excluded.
Bryan is out of town now so it's just me and the kids.  We're ready for daddy to come home.  Then we're off to Colorado on Tuesday.  It will be our first flight as a family of four.  Hold me. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment