Monday, October 1, 2012

CranialTech Evaluation

I took Charley to CranialTech this morning.  I went in thinking they would say it was mild and I thought it could go 50/50 on whether she needed a DOC band or not.  The physical therapist also noticed that her neck was really weak and gave me some exercises to add to the exercises and stretches we are already doing for her neck. 

After they called us back, they had me get her undressed to her diaper and we went into the photo room.  They put a netting over head so it would hold her hair down and give a better image.  Her hair really camoflauges her head shape.  In just about 3 minutes they were able to get 360 degree digital images of her head.

The physical therapist looked at them and we went over the results.  Charley has severe Brachycephaly and mild Plagiocephaly.  She is definitely a candidate for the band.  An insurance liaison will call me in a couple days to let us know how much they will cover.  A few hours after her appointment, they sent me these images.

This just shows the actual measurements that the digital image showed.

These look pretty scary!

These are the shots that I think are the most obvious.  You can see the back of her head just drops down flat instead of forming a round shape.
I'm interested to hear from the insurance liaison to see when we can get started. I'd like her to get started in it as soon as possible.  They said she could be in it for as little as 6 weeks.  I'm actually pleased that her results came back the way they did.  I was a little afraid they were going to say she could go either way and then I'd have to choose.  If I chose to treat her, I would have wondered if we wasted the money because it would have gotten better and fixed itself.  If I chose not to, I would constantly be staring at her head and wondering if I should have fixed it.  I prefer that decision be made for me.

So now I just wait for a call and we'll make our appointment as soon as we can!

No comments:

Post a Comment