Friday, July 16, 2010

Welcome Jackson!

It's been over a week since the last post and a lot has happened! These pictures take you up to Sunday morning. There is new set of pictures from his stay in the ICU that will come later.

Bryan and I had both anticipated a frantic drive to the hospital with my in labor but our actual ride could not have been more different. I was supposed to be at the hospital at 6:00 to begin the induction process so we left a little early and had a relaxing dinner at Noodles and Company. We arrived at the hospital right on time.

Once I was there and checked in, the nurse gave me the Cervadil that is meant to prepare your body for the Pitocin the next day. It was placed around 7pm and Bryan stayed with me until I fell asleep and then he went home to sleep in a comfortable bed. Despite the Ambien I had a restless night and at about 5:45am I felt a pop in my belly followed by sharp pains. I called the nurse and she let me know that my water had broken and that I should call my husband. Bryan answered right away and was at the hospital within 15 minutes. My parents followed soon after.
The next hour was really painful as my nurse checked me and said I was only 2cm dilated and needed to wait a bit to get the epidural. Luckily, I progressed pretty quickly and was able to have the epidural around 9am. I was much more comfortable then and was able to freshen up and put on some makeup.
The nurse checked me again in about an hour and I was fully dilated and ready to push. It happened really quickly and I never even had the Pitocin! After pushing for 2.5 hours, Jackson finally made his debut at 2:32pm on Friday, July 9th.
He was 20 inches long and weighed 6 pounds and 14 ounces. Daddy was SO PROUD!!!
We got to snuggle for a bit and then he went with Daddy to get a bath. It wasn't his favorite activity.

He felt much better when he was bundled up and in Daddy's arms.
After his bath he came back to the recovery room in his little bassinet.
We both recovered from a long delivery pretty well. He got way more rest than I did!
On Sunday morning we were discharged and headed home.
He didn't love his car seat but once we were actually driving, he was much happier.
He was teeny, tiny in his car seat.
I love his sweet, wrinkly feet!
Proud Daddy!Proud Mommy!
Our family
We got home a little after noon and Sunday and were back in the ER by about 7:30 or 8:00 that night. We are all home and okay now but we had a rough couple days. Maybe a blog about that will be on the agenda tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment