Thursday, September 3, 2009

That Dog

As everyone knows, Claire came into our lives last October and we have never been the same. Though the days of crying and buyer's remorse are over (mostly), she still leaves us scratching our heads at times. A couple weeks ago I dropped Claire off at PetSmart for boarding while we were away for a friend's wedding. I dropped her off on Friday morning and by noon I had a message on my phone. The message let us know that this might be Claire's last stay because she kept playing in her water bowl and it was corporate policy that she have water available to her 24 hours a day.

We began problem solving mode almost immediately. One of the sweet ladies at PetSmart suggested that we use a Guinea pig water bottle. Brilliant. It will surely work, we thought. I dropped her off on day one, so giddy that we had figured out a plan. When I went to pick her up, they gave me the water bottle and let me know that I was going to have to get a better hook to go around the bottle and attach to the wires on the kennel. On day 2 of the water bottle experiment, I took her with her water bottle and a metal clip that seemed fairly indestructible. This time when I picked her up I was given a baggie with the "remains" of her water bottle clip. She chewed through the metal and stretched the spring hook to three feet long. Silly girl.

Our first glimpse of success came tonight. I got really creative and rigged up my own version. Claire now goes to camp with her own water bottle, a dryer hose clamp, and her own screwdriver. She never ceases to amaze me.



No comments:

Post a Comment