Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Picture Overload

I've been pretty bummed lately because I had a couple job interviews last week but they ended up picking someone else.  I keep feeling like I'll never be able to get a job if that one was right there and I didn't get it but I'm trying to keep my hopes up.  Blah.  We have had some really great days though so that is making it easier.  The kids have been exceptionally cute lately.
 
Our goal this summer is to try a new park each week.  It's kind of a fun mission.
 Our moms group went to Cosley Zoo last week and Jackson was exceptionally tied to Jacob.  They are great buds.
 One great thing about the job interview is that as I was driving home after the final interview, I saw this for free in a driveway close to the school.  Jackson enjoyed giving his easel a bath.  Now he goes into the driveway and tells me he wants to take a bath. :)
 And this sweet girl is just as cute as ever.  Still not crawling which makes Momma nervous!
 She does know how to eat though.  I still haven't given her a food she won't eat. 
 Jackson took a spill in a puddle in the Meijer parking lot.  He was pretty upset after he had to get a new change of clothes and was looking forward to the balloons that were in the car from our trip to the gym.  As soon as he opened the door, the balloons flew away.  Poor guy was really sad.
 As much as I'd like Charley to crawl, it is pretty nice to still be able to put her on a blanket and leave her there.

 Jackson was really interested in picking out the flowers for our pot and he helped plant them for about .6 seconds.  He calls this "his pot."
On our way to small group on Friday night, I caught this.  This will be saved for future graduation slideshows, for sure!

 It was my night for childcare for our group so I spent the evening hanging out downstairs with these lovelies.  They are such fun!  Jackson loves playing with Jacob and Emma.  And we're all patiently waiting for Emma's brother, Bennett, to make his entrance into the world.  It could be any day now!
 Saturday was Meredith's wedding shower at Meson Sabika.  It was so, so yummy and a lot of fun.  The wedding is one month from today and I am SO exciting and loving that my parents are coming in to watch the kids for us.  That also means Charley's party is one month away and I have done nothing for it.  Ooops.
 I love going to peek in on Charley during her naps.  She always has the best sleeping poses and I just want to squish her little rolls.
 Sunday, Bryan did Tough Mudder with his friend, Clayton.  It is a 12 mile course with 22 obstacles.  The obstacles are intense too.  One involves jumping into a dumpster of ice water, going all the way under and climbing out the other side.  Another obstacle, and Bryan's other nemesis was called Electroshock Therapy.  It's live wires hanging down that you have to run through...while you're wet and running through water.  As soon as he stepped into the water he was shocked so bad that he fell face first in the mud and lost his glasses.  He says he doesn't remember any of what happened to him.  That sounds healthy, right?  I knew when they had to sign these death waivers that I would be really happy to have him home!
 Blogger keeps squishing this picture and I'm not sure why.  This is the After photo.  He's been pretty sore and his legs are really cut up.  It was good to check it off his bucket list but he has no interest in doing it again.
 Our living room looks like this quite often. 
 And one more of my sweet sleeper with the chunkiest of all thighs.  Love!

Tomorrow Charley turns 11 months old.  Ahhhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment