Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Proof is in the Pin Link-Up

I am linking up again with Sarah at Life{Sweet}Life for another volume of The Proof is in the Pin.  My pins this month are all pretty simple. 
 
 
The first one is a rice sensory bin for Jackson. This site has a lot of great ideas but I have to get brave enough to try more.  As you'll see below, they can get quite messy.  He LOVED this though.  I bought all of the supplies at Dollar Tree.  I bought four bags of rice, rubbing alcohol, food coloring, and little sea creature toys.  While he was napping I dyed the rice.  It dried in about 15 minutes and all the rice was waiting for him to dig through.  I buried about 10 little toys in there too!  He was so excited.  I used an egg carton to put the toys in as he found them.



It only took a few minutes for all the colors to be mixed.

We eventually moved to the floor and got a bigger bin.  I'm looking forward to warmer weather so we can move this activity outside.  I was having mini heart attacks for the 45 minutes this kept him occupied.

This next pin was super popular on my Facebook page when I referenced my love for Pinterest with this photo of the kids in the bathtub.  I saw this pin and we have never looked back.  Every bath of Charley's has been in a laundry basket since!  Her toys are always close and I don't have to worry about looking away for a second.


The last one is a recipe.  I get so many recipes from Pinterest and we usually try a new recipe at least once a week so we have several that we really like. 
Here are some of my most recent:
Chicken Alfredo Roll-Ups- These were just kind of bland to me.  I didn't make my own alfredo sauce so that may have had something to do with it. 
Million Dollar Spaghetti- This was amazing.  And sinful.  But amazing nonetheless.
Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Zucchini Boats- These are really good.  The link to the Cilantro Lime rice is amazing as well! 
One Pot Italian Chicken Dinner- I was a bit nervous about this because it seemed too easy.  It's just fresh green beans (I used frozen which turned out fine), red potatoes, and chicken breast with butter and an italian dressing packet.  I have been trying to use less processed foods and this wasn't too bad and it was so, so easy.  I used half the butter that was called for and there was still a lot of butter.  You might be okay with even less.

Next month I will hopefully post some laundry room photos with some Pinterest inspiration.  I have been wanting to repaint in there for a couple years.  I'm not sure why I keep putting it off but enough is enough!  I'm doing it! 

 

2 comments:

  1. The laundry basket idea is genius! I wish I had seen that when my kids were babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the laundry basket idea! Totally trying this!! And you make me laugh about the sensory bin and mini heart attack...you sound just like me. I want to try that so bad! Maybe I'll get brave like you some day. :) Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete