Thursday, January 19, 2012

Dear Charley

Dear Charley,

We got to see you for the second time on Thursday, January 12, 2012.  Daddy worked from home so he could come to see you for the first time and to make sure that you were healthy.  You did lots of good poses for us too!  Mommy was a little nervous when I saw your feet so close together in this picture.  I was nervous that we wouldn't be able to tell if you were a boy or a girl.
The ultrasound technician kept telling us how perfect you looked and that all your measurements were right on track.  We were so happy to hear that you are healthy!  We got to see your profile too.  Daddy said that upper lip makes you look a bit like a Simpson's character. Don't listen to Daddy, sweet girl.  Sometimes boys just aren't sure how to make a girl feel pretty.  He loves you like crazy even if you do look like you could be the offspring of Homer and Marge.
 Your heart was chugging along at 145 beats per minute. 
 Charley, Mommy promises that this is the first and only picture I will post of your girly parts.  As soon as the tech moved the wand across my belly I could tell you were our daughter.  She asked us one more time if we wanted to find out your gender and Mommy said, "YES!  But I am almost sure that it's a girl from what I just saw!"  She agreed.  She said you were DEFINITELY a girl!  Daddy had a huge smile and Mommy couldn't stop giggling!
Mommy can't even explain how happy I am to add you to our family.  We have the perfect big brother waiting for you and you will get to be here for his second birthday!  We have so many dreams for you and Jackson and we just can't wait to get started!  I promise to be the best Mommy I can be to you and I hope that the relationships we all build will be strong.  You might have the best Daddy in the world.  He already loves you and likes to talk to you.  I know he's scared to have a daugther because he doesn't want to mess up.  He wants to be the best daddy for you.  Mommy and Daddy want you to know that no matter how pretty, smart, or funny the world thinks you are, we think you're perfect.  We want you to grow up with a kind heart full of love for others.  We love you baby girl!

Love,
 Mommy, Daddy, and Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment