Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Marathon Reveal

I found out I was pregnant the night before the marathon.  I had tested the weekend before since we were going camping and I wanted to know if I could have some of the sangria I had made.  It was negative and the sangria was tasty.  I'm not really sure what made me take another test at 9:30pm a week later.  I did and I immediately ran into my parents room- they were staying with us for the marathon- to show them.  It was crazy!  Then I ran to show Bryan's mom too! 

I knew I couldn't call Bryan to tell him.  He was staying in the city with Jeremy so they wouldn't have to get up so early in the morning to make it all the way there in time for the race.  Since I couldn't sleep, I went downstairs and added some more text to the back of Jackson's race shirt.  I just had to make sure Bryan couldn't see it before he finished.

"Hey Daddy, I'm going to be a BIG BROTHER!"


Bryan looked at it when we met up with him after the race and he was shocked!  I think initially thought I had been keeping it from him for a while!  It worked out perfectly to tell him that way and it was much more memorable than when I carried out the freshly peed on test for him to see with Jackson.  What a fun surprise we will never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment