Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Catch Up

So the old Blogger required you to upload pictures in reverse order.  The new one apparently does not so after spending a lot of time choosing pictures, they are all added in backwards order.  Instead of spending another 20 minutes re-doing it, I'll just use captions with each picture to explain.

Basically, Sharon arrived on Wednesday and my parents came on Friday night.  On Saturday we went to Sonny Acres Farm which we have done for the last three years.  We love it!  Then Sunday was marathon day.  The pictures at the very end were from the week and weekend before this.  I took Addison and Jackson to the park and we went camping at Kankakee River State Park with our small group.  By the way-  Overnight sitters aren't cheap!

Enjoy a catch-up post in captions. 

Jeremy and Bryan with their medals.

I was so happy he was alive.  Seeing the runner who (later) died collapse in front of us just 200 meters shy of the finish line had me going completely insane.  I cry when a stranger stubs their toe so you can only imagine my reaction to this!

Jackson kept Nana busy by carrying these two bottles back and forth across the street.  The fun ended when he tried to trade in a water bottle for a used beer cup.

So close to the finish line!

Jackson and Mimi enjoying lunch at Jimmy John's.  Mimi looks really happy to be holding them even though he didn't smell to pretty at that moment.

They looked GREAT at mile 13!

Jackson had had enough.

So sad.

My beautiful friend Meredith is in the purple shirt and white hat.  She was focused!  She finished in 4 hours and 3 mintues.  She's a true rock star!

Nana and Jackson

Papa and Jackson-  This was the beginning of a veeeerrry long day.

He didn't care for the ponies.  Maybe next year?

This is my favorite part!  I am so excited to have these every year.

This is how Jackson greets animals.  I guess he's learned from Claire and Lily.

He wasn't scared at all!

Is Your Mama a Llama?  That's one of his books.

"Hello, sheep."

Big boy on a train

Wo-manning the grill.  Teriyaki chicken skewers.

Girl talk

Jackson and Addison

My sweet love!

On the way to the park.

Wow!  That was a lot of pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment