Sunday, January 9, 2011

Mmmmm...Food!

Jackson had his first real food last week! I was too excited to wait another week so he had it one week early. Oops. I was really excited to make it too. I am making all his baby food and wanted to give it a shot. I made acorn squash, sweet potatoes, golden delicious apples, and pears. He had the squash for a few days and then I gave him sweet potatoes. He really prefers the sweet potatoes. I bought everything organic this time. I think that I will continue to do that even though it takes away some of the cost effectiveness. Making my own allows me to feed him organic food at a lower cost than even the regular pre-made baby food.
I just microwaved the potatoes in a cup of water after peeling them and cutting them in one inch cubes.
After the potatoes cook they are ready to be dumped into the food processor.
All pureed and ready to go. I had to add a little water to get the right consistency.
The puree is poured into these ice cube trays with lids. They are one ounce portions that I dump into freezer bags. I write the date I made it and then it is good for two months! So easy!
Jackson is ready for his first bite of squash.
Ooooh, gross. He wasn't sure what he thought of the first bite.

A weird joker face.
Still worried about bite #2
Stuffed. I wish I could be done after an ounce of squash a 3 tablespoons of cereal.

No comments:

Post a Comment