Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Way Back When......

...Jackson and I went to Kansas City. I had a wedding shower on Saturday but it was great to be able to introduce Jackson to more family. I wanted him to meet my grandma, his Gma, right away. I think she was happy.
And so was he!
We had dinner with the Alexanders at Tim's Pizza. It was great to have a couple beers and spend some time with Katie and Teagan. She is 12 days younger than Jackson. Katie and I shared many late night/early morning chats during feedings.
Pana and Nana always enjoy time with the little man.
JJ did really well at the shower. He was so alert and was taking it all in. There were so many people for him to keep track of.
Uncle Mike was super with him too. I knew he would be though. I can't wait for Jackson to spend more time with him. Uncle Mike will help him be a little ornery...I don't think his daddy has any ornery genes in him.
It was a fantasic trip and was much needed for me. My mom watched JJ for two nights and I was able to sleep. I make sure to drug up so I wouldn't wake in the middle of the night and start worrying. My mom must be soothing because he slept great! So did I. It was the first time I had slept all night since early July. I came back in much better spirits. Family will do that to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment